I am the Executive Pastor of Equipping at Gateway Church, a non-denominational fellowship that draws about 30,000 people each weekend. I also serve with Gateway Worship as part of the weekend worship team where I’m on vocals and play acoustic guitar.
This is my personal blog. It’s focused on “finding transformation.” My belief is that real transformation is best found in a committed relationship to Jesus Christ.
I write about transformation from the perspective of discipleship, leadership, and worship. I’m also a student of communication and occasionally muse on the technical aspects of communication so that people can help others find transformation.
I post about once a week on average.
Facts You Could Probably Care Less About
- My wife and I were married in 1994. We’ve had 4 children together. My oldest son is a high school graduate. The remaining children are girls in high school and middle school. We also have two dogs Rooney and Jewels
- On January 18, 2008, I contracted a virus that attacked my heart. The virus shut down my whole system, required transportation to a hospital in Dallas via CareFlight, and left me moments away from a heart transplant. But the Lord intervened on my behalf and I was thoroughly healed–no heart transplant, no major surgeries. You can read more about it here, and here; and listen to it here. The scripture read over me was 2 Corinthians 1:9. It has changed my life!
- I oversee Gateway Equip and champion that ministry across all Gateway Church campuses; in addition, I speak into various aspects of Gateway Church including spiritual formation development, our schools of ministry, and process development of members and visitors. Sounds more fancy than it is.
- I’m a huge fan of the “Lord of the Rings” Trilogy; I love “It’s a Wonderful Life” during Christmas; and the first time I saw “Sixth Sense” I was blown away. Since then I’ve become a big fan of psychological thrillers.
- My favorite sports team is the Dallas Cowboys. I’ve been grieving for over 15 years, but surely Romo will get ’em there.
- On TV, I’m totally sold out on Lost (I didn’t like the ending the first time through, but after watching the series a second time it’s growing on me), and I’m a big fan of Burn Notice and reruns of The Practice and Fringe. I’ve latched on to The Walking Dead and enjoy watching Biggest Loser with my wife.
- I’m an avid reader. Of course, I love the Bible, but it does sound a little cliche. Generally I love reading both fiction and non-fiction and usually have about six to ten books going at once–about a quarter are fiction.
My Contact Information
This is my personal blog. The comments I make do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer, Gateway Church. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. I do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on this website is strictly at your own risk. and I will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of this website.
From my blog, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to these sites. While I strive to provide only links to useful and ethical websites, I have no control over the content and nature of these sites and the links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites.
Please be also aware that when you leave my website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond my control.