The Senior Pastor at Hillsong Church in Australia, Brian Houston, spoke a second session at the Gateway Church Connect Conference on Tuesday Morning, February 22. I posted my notes from his first session here.
I have a great respect for Brian and his wife Bobbi. Their church has been used by God to upend worship in the Church. Gateway Church has been impacted by their songs, as I’m sure has your church. We owe a deep gratitude to these leaders for the depth they have pursued.
These are my notes from his second session.
- You may not think of yourself as an overly needy person. But there are so many things in our lives where we have need; like God’s wisdom, God’s grace, our families, Jesus.
- It’s a foolish man who feels like he doesn’t need something; or would even want to live their life with no need.
- We tend to look at need as a negative, but great things are born out of need.
- One of the greatest things we can do as a leader is embrace our need, because it reflects our reliance upon God.
- Needlessness tends to devalue the very thing we claim we don’t need.
- At the root of sin is a commitment to independence.
- Need is the birthplace of great miracles.
- You need more need.
- In the midst of all our need we can get focused on the need and forget that the need represents God’s supply.
- If there were no fight, there would be no need for faith.
- Need is satisfied in God’s supply which is in accord with God’s riches.
- God knows your need before you even ask Him.
- Before you can even perceive your need, God knows.
- We don’t know because we can’t see, but God knows and sees.
There is need we don’t need: debt, sickness, etc. These reject.
Reject the need that comes from the deception of Satan, and embrace the need that comes from Heaven.
Four areas where increased need will bring increased supply
- You need more seed–God will continually give you seed enabling you to move forward.
- You need more wisdom
- You need more hope–The hope of the Lord anchors our soul. His seed provides hope for tomorrow.
- Enlarge your thinking–Small thinking is the great inhibitor to the movement of God
What are the areas where you have need?