A number of people have expressed outrage over the video below. One elementary school principal had to apologize to parents after showing it to the student body.
Watch the video and form your own opinions:
Here are my thoughts:
1) This video has a lot of things I support. Loving your neighbor, caring for the poor–these are Biblical principles that I can heartily do.
2) This video has a smattering of things I cannot support. Stem cell research, an obsessive focus on green living–these are political topics that do not carry the same weight as the things which I support.
3) Deception is always a mixture of two things: the truth with a smattering of lies.
4) Someone, through this video, is trying to normalize political topics by weaving them among other topics which everyone supports.
5) I’m very uncomfortable with “giving my service to Barack Obama.” It feels cultic.
What are your thoughts? Should this video have been shown to school children? Does it reflect accepted cultural thought? How should those who disagree with the video’s call to action respond?